PREPPERS, HOMESTEADERS, SURVIVALISTS, SELF-RELIANT, and SELF SUFFICIENT INDIVIDUALS CHOOSE CRAZY WOMAN REALTY for our knowledge and expertise in their real estate needs. We at Crazy Woman Realty fully understand the concept and goal of Self-Reliance in these times. We were raised self-reliant, and live it. We believe everyone should be educated, prepared, capable, and confident to sustain, protect, and provide for their families.
We also feel our choice in location should also be carefully weighed and considered based on individual goals and desires as well as individual states ability to protect and care for the residents within its borders. Few states have the history, finance, and diverse resources to instill confidence and comfort in residents. Not everyone has the resources or ability to relocate a distance, nor the comfort zone to do so, therefore much consideration and adaptation is required. We are here to aid with your needs.
Dream of many, reality of few. Yesterday, Today and for Tomorrow – Destination; Wyoming – Final Stop; Wyoming’s Black Hills, Hulett and the Devils Tower Territory.
You Are Not Alone… we have you covered.
WYOMING NATURALLY SELF-RELIANT STATE
- GENERATIONS OF SELF RELIANT RESIDENTS – From the first covered wagons, settlers of Wyoming expect and accept the need to be self-reliant; that has continued through generations as their way of life has not changed substantially.
- COMMUNITY LIVING – As self-reliant by nature, maintaining self reliance is more attainable if your family, friends and neighbors live as you do.
- GUN FRIENDLY – Few households here are not armed. Gun use is an integral part of our history and daily use. Wyoming’s FFL’s do NOT submit federal forms to a state regulatory agency or database, and are only kept at the FFL’s business. Running your application is not registration but a clearing of the applicant.
- TAX FRIENDLY – Wyoming is Tax Friendly #1 in the union, GO Wyoming!
- RUNS IN THE BLACK; SUBSTANTIAL RESERVES – Wyoming legislators, made up of Wyomingites, have never debted the people by debting the government. Wyoming operates in the BLACK.
- WATER RESOURCES – Wyoming is headwaters for many western tributaries. We have many glacial fed lakes and rivers, artesian water sources and volumes of aquifers.
- AGRICULTURAL DIVERSITY – With Wyoming’s forefathers hard work, irrigation and water transportation to arid areas created 10’s of thousands of agricultural producing acres across the state.
- CATTLE & LIVESTOCK – Wyoming is a “right to ranch state”. Cattle and sheep are major products. Many homesteaded ranches are still cattle producing and ran by the same family that homesteaded them.
- BIG GAME & FISHERIES – Across Wyoming wildlife is well sustained. However, wolf forced upon us, overpopulation of mountain lions, eagles and grizzlies, have impacted the wildlife populations. A wide variety of tasty fish is prolific in near all Wyoming waterways.
- POWER GENERATION – Wyoming currently receives approximately 96 percent of its electricity from coal-fired power plants, and plans are in place to build more. We have multiple fields of wind turbines, and the country’s cleanest burning coal. Black Thunder Mine is the largest coal mine in the US.
- RICH NATURAL RESOURCES; MINERAL WEALTHY STATE – Wyoming produces more coal than any other state in the Union, the cleanest, less sulphur, burning coal. With veins 80 foot thick, we have 150 years of coal for the countries power plants. (PBS documentary Electric Nation Education 2012) Wyoming also has the largest natural gas field in the nation – Jonah Field. Recently the only strike of rare elements used in the manufacture of electric car batteries was discovered with a bonus find of roughly 360 million in gold.
HULETT & DEVILS TOWER TERRITORY in WYOMING’S BLACK HILLS
- PRACTICE SELF RELIANCE AS A WAY OF LIFE THEIR WHOLE LIVES – Due to remote locations, slight population and minimal government, Crook County residents live not far from the way of their forefathers.
- GARDENING AND FOOD PRESERVATION – Large gardens, canning and food preservation is a common and anticipated way of life in Crook County. With a growing zone of 5, Crook County is the most growing conducive area in Wyoming. Apples, plums, grapes, cherry, and the big traditional garden is achieved here.
- WATER CONSERVATION AND ALTERNATIVE SOURCES – Prior to water well drilling, spring development was commonplace, as was water preservation. Spring flow could be marginal on dry years, and conservation is natural.
- NEIGHBORLY RESIDENTS – With slight populous people rely on having good neighbors and that takes being a good neighbor. It stands.
- ARMED AND NOT AFRAID TO USE THEM – Gun toting is Wyoming heritage, and our God & Government given right to bear arms. We settled the west, fought over water and protect our family. No one will take that away – just ask a Wyomingite.
- RICH LOCAL RANCH HISTORY – Crook County, especially northern Crook, has many family ranches which are being ran by the fourth or fifth generation of the homesteader – and have no intention of doing otherwise.
- MINIMAL POPULATION – The state of Wyoming has less total population than the state of Pennsylvania has hunters in the woods on the first day of deer season. Wyoming has 5.8 people per square mile, while Crook County has less than 2.5 people per square mile. Crook County has 2855 square miles and population of 7083.
- LIMITED SMALL TRACTS OF LAND AVAILABLE – Due to large operating ranches, subdivision has been very limited therefore small tracts, under 100 acres, are very scarce. Out of town property less than 20 acres is rarer. However, due to town sizes, living in town may serve vs small tract out of town.
- LARGE RANCHES AVAILABLE FOR NEW COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT – Ranches are for sale, but are not offered broken in most cases. It is the opportunity to develop your own community in the proximity most desirable.
- WYOMING’S FIRST AMISH COMMUNITY – Northern Crook County was the choice destination for a new community of Amish. Established here in 2011 they brought 300 years of purest Self Reliant community living.
TOWN POPULATIONS OF CROOK COUNTY
HULETT (above) 383
PINE HAVEN 490
WHY WYOMING? NUMBER ONE TAX FRIENDLY
HULETT SUNDANCE MOORCROFT NEWCASTLE
ELEVATION 3500 4705 4206 4317
JAN. AVE. TEMP 37 26 37 25
JULY AVE TEMP 85 86 86 74
AVE. GROWING 131 113 138 120
RAIN 8.5” 9.1” 6.7” 11.11”
SNOW 66” 75.7” 34.7” 36.3”
USDA HARDINESS AKA WYOMING GROWING ZONE MAP
Living in the northern Rocky Mountain region, it can be discouraging to flip through national plant catalogs and realize that many of the lush plants won’t grow here. How can you determine what will grow well in your area? The best way is to consider the hardiness zone where you live.
The hardiness zone is a value placed on the plant’s ability to over-winter given the lowest mean winter temperatures. The zones range from 1 to 11. A hardiness zone of 1 is the equivalent of surviving through an Alaskan winter, whereas a hardiness zone of 11 means the plant is suitable for overwintering in Hawaii!
HULETT & DEVILS TOWER TERRITORY in WYOMING’S BLACK HILLS
There are more properties available in Crook County than is found on our website. CRAZY WOMAN REALTY is a cooperative Brokerage, we work with other realtors to purchase and sell real estate. Ours or theirs, we will work to locate your piece of self-reliant Wyoming.
We work as Buyer’s Agents, working exclusively for you, to purchase property whether listed with another Agency or for sale by owner. Fees are negotiated thru offers with sellers. If we have the property you desire listed, we work “in the middle”, as intermediary, not a sellers agent. (CLICK FOR BROKERAGE DISCLOSURE)
YOU ARE NOT ALONE… WE HAVE YOU COVERED.
SELF RELIANCE EXPO 2012